QuickBooks is a popular accounting software used by businesses of all sizes. However, users may encounter errors while using QuickBooks, and one such error is Error 9999. This error can be frustrating as it can prevent you from accessing your company file and performing important tasks. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 9999 and get your software back up and running smoothly.
1. Understanding QuickBooks Error 9999:
Error 9999 in QuickBooks usually occurs when there is a problem with the connection between your financial institution and QuickBooks Online. It can prevent you from updating your bank feeds and accessing transactions. The error is typically accompanied by an error message stating, “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later.”
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 9998?
2. Precautionary Measures:
Before attempting any troubleshooting steps, it’s important to take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of your data and a smooth troubleshooting process. These measures include creating a backup of your QuickBooks company file, updating QuickBooks to the latest version, and verifying your internet connection stability.
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 99937?
3. Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 9999:
In this section, we will outline the steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 9999. These steps are designed to address common issues that can trigger the error and restore your access to your bank feeds and transactions.
Step 1: Refresh the browser page:
- Click the refresh or reload button in your browser or press the F5 key.
- Attempt to update your bank feeds or access transactions again.
Step 2: Clear browser cache and cookies:
- Depending on your browser, access the browser settings or options.
- Locate the section for clearing cache and cookies.
- Clear the cache and cookies and restart your browser.
Step 3: Use an incognito or private browsing window:
- Open an incognito or private browsing window in your browser.
- Attempt to update your bank feeds or access transactions in this window.
- If the error doesn’t occur, it may indicate a problem with your browser settings or extensions.
Step 4: Disable add-ons or extensions:
- Access the browser settings or options and navigate to the extensions or add-ons section.
- Disable all extensions or add-ons.
- Restart your browser and attempt to update your bank feeds or access transactions.
Step 5: Report the issue to Intuit:
- If the error persists after following the above steps, report the issue to Intuit.
- Provide them with detailed information about the error, including any error codes or messages received.
- Intuit will investigate the issue further and provide you with additional guidance.
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 99001?
4. Advanced Troubleshooting Steps:
If the basic troubleshooting steps didn’t resolve QuickBooks Error 9999, you can try the following advanced steps to address the issue.
Step 1: Check for QuickBooks Online (QBO) updates:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Click on the Gear icon and select “Update QuickBooks.”
- Follow the prompts to update your QuickBooks Online version to the latest release.
Step 2: Reset your Intuit App Center settings:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the Apps tab and click on “My Apps.”
- Locate the app causing the issue and click on the Settings or Gear icon.
- Select “Disconnect from QuickBooks” and confirm.
- Reconnect the app to QuickBooks Online and check if the error persists.
Step 3: Reauthorize your bank accounts:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the Banking or Transactions tab.
- Locate the account experiencing the error and click on the pencil or edit icon.
- Select “Edit sign-in info” and re-enter your login credentials for the bank.
- Follow the prompts to reauthorize the bank account.
Step 4: Contact QuickBooks support:
- If the error still persists, it’s recommended to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
- Provide them with detailed information about the error, the steps you’ve already taken, and any error codes or messages received.
- QuickBooks support will guide you through additional troubleshooting steps or provide a specific resolution for your case.
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 95476?
5. Additional Tips to Prevent Error 9999:
To minimize the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 9999 in the future, consider implementing the following tips:
- Keep QuickBooks and your system updated to the latest versions.
- Use a supported browser and regularly clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Avoid multiple attempts to update your bank feeds if you encounter the error.
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 95431?
6. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
A1: Yes, you can try troubleshooting steps like refreshing the browser page, clearing cache and cookies, using an incognito window, and disabling extensions. If these steps don’t work, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance.
A2: If the error persists, it’s advisable to contact QuickBooks support or consult with a professional advisor. They will be able to provide specific guidance based on the error code and your specific situation.
A3: Error 9999 can have various causes, and the solutions may vary depending on the specific case. If the provided troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the error, it’s recommended to contact QuickBooks support or consult with a professional advisor for further assistance.
Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 9000?
QuickBooks Error 9999 can disrupt your workflow and prevent you from accessing your bank feeds and transactions. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can address common causes of the error and restore normal functionality to your QuickBooks software. Remember to take precautionary measures, follow the troubleshooting steps carefully, and seek additional assistance if needed. With persistence and the right guidance, you can overcome QuickBooks Error 9999 and continue using the software effectively for your accounting needs.